Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SASQUATCH's - JK Front Axle Truss System - teaser pics

Old 08-17-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
Not at all, we stitch welded it in a way similar to tighting lug nuts in a pattern opposing sides back and forth which minimizes the chance for that to happen, takes longer but prevents the warping, we definitely thought it through.
Did you have a local shop do the work or was it a home job, I would like to see them in person.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TxCop07
Did you have a local shop do the work or was it a home job, I would like to see them in person.
Fellow Jeeper has a local shop here in my area, about three of their personal rigs have similar trusses. I wish I had a welding machine to do my own welding, I'm pretty particular after doing it in the Navy as a career, he mostly does industrial fab/weld contracts but has always done these Jeeps on the side at his shop and now has a full time employee working with him doing custom Jeep rigs.

Quick Reply: SASQUATCH's - JK Front Axle Truss System - teaser pics