Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Salt Sucks!!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Salt Sucks!!!!!

Co-worker's are telling me that I need to undercoat my JKUR. I work for the County Highway and in the winter we are constatly in the salt. We also park downhill from the salt barn and no moving the parking lot is not in the budget, so my boss says. I was just wondering if anybody else has this problem or knows a DIY undercoat that can be done fairly easy that protects from salt?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a product called " Rust Cop" that you can apply , or have done if there is distributor in your area.If salt has already started to rust your vehicle, there is another product called " Salt -Away" that will neutralize the salt prior to rust proofing. Google these, they are worth the effort.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spend alll summer on the beach with my jk and the salt absolutely DESTROYS it. My dads big into powerboats and he turned me on to a product called salt away he gets from west marine, it comes with a sprayer similar to like miracle grow and it suds up wen you spray it, it neutralizes all the salt and creates a protectant as well, i used it after noticing some surface rust and i have to say i love it.

Quick Reply: Salt Sucks!!!!!