Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sahara to Rubicon Swap-Out

Old 08-20-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sahara to Rubicon Swap-Out

My son has a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited. I have a Unlimited Sahara, the same year. I was wondering if I swapped out parts from his JK to mine what parts would I switch to make my JK the Rubicon. First of all is this possible, is it worth it? The reason why we are switching parts is because he wants to upgrade and so do I. I was thinking the transfer case, axles are about the main parts. What do you think?
Old 08-20-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hrdtyme
My son has a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited. I have a Unlimited Sahara, the same year. I was wondering if I swapped out parts from his JK to mine what parts would I switch to make my JK the Rubicon. First of all is this possible, is it worth it? The reason why we are switching parts is because he wants to upgrade and so do I. I was thinking the transfer case, axles are about the main parts. What do you think?
every thing can be swapped to the Sahara but the axle lock switches, you'll have to get new/after market switches for the lockers.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What was said above. Swap the axles and transfer case. Can be done in a day. You'll need to run new switches for the lockers, but that is really easy (I did all of the above and it was easy).
Old 08-20-2015, 05:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

He is moving to 60's and an Atlas? Swapping the axles would be a nice upgrade, better gears up front and lockers at both ends. (both jk's are running the same gear ratio?)

Many of us would like to swap in a rubi tcase. But, I have also talked to a few people who think the 4:1 case is too low for their needs. Depends on build and use, I suppose, but I would go for it.

Just an opinion, but don't waste time with the e-disco, grab a set of jks or whoevers instead.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Why not just swap jeeps. You get the Rubi and your son gets the Sahara to modify to his hearts content.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by webejeepin
Why not just swap jeeps. You get the Rubi and your son gets the Sahara to modify to his hearts content.
this. makes more sense
Old 08-20-2015, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

All great answers. Thanks

Quick Reply: Sahara to Rubicon Swap-Out