Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sahara Fender Flares?

Old 06-04-2015, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sahara Fender Flares?

What are Sahara fender flares made of?
Old 06-04-2015, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plastic...
Old 06-04-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Yes

Yes I also recently discovered that they are indeed made of plastic.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHOELESS
Plastic...
Sometimes they have paint on them too
Old 06-04-2015, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Each Sahara fender is handcrafted by a monk in Budapest. The painstakingly long process begins with a sacrifice of a ram and the drinking of the blood to prepare the monk for his final journey (after the monk is finished he commits suicide by falling down until he dies from it, which could take years). Some say the fenders are carved from ancient trees only found on an island on a lake on an island in the Pacific. Others say they are plastic. It has taken some monks over 8 years to make one fender, those monks were fired for being so slow, but then rehired after union negotiation. Those same monks now make fenders at a speed of 1 every 9 years. The process is hard to describe. If you have ever seen a surfboard shaper shape a surfboard.... it is nothing like that. If you have ever seen a blacksmith smith a knight's sword... it is nothing like that. Some say they are punched in a plastic mold then painted. Once the fender is finished the monk can begin his "death fall". There is an old saying that goes "every time a jeeper chops a Sahara fender, a single tear is wept...by the Pope, collected in a glass and drank by David Hasselhoff" So enjoy those painted fenders boys. The moniker "Sahara" originated in honor of the monk who started his death fall at one end of the Sahara desert and because of the soft sand, it took him 38 years to die from falling down as he crossed the desert. In the end he died from lupus. I hope this helps to answer your question and as most people like to put in every thread... It's not the height of your lift, it's your bumpstops that make the difference.

Last edited by Rubi-josh; 06-04-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought they might be fiberglass or maybe ABS plastic. Wanted to know how flexible they are? Thanks!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newjkman
I thought they might be fiberglass or maybe ABS plastic. Wanted to know how flexible they are? Thanks!
They are quite flexible right up until until they break....
Old 06-05-2015, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

They are plastic and painted and begging to be cut/trimmed to flat fenders

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4188034501.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	613695
Old 06-05-2015, 11:24 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
Each Sahara fender is handcrafted by a monk in Budapest. The painstakingly long process begins with a sacrifice of a ram and the drinking of the blood to prepare the monk for his final journey (after the monk is finished he commits suicide by falling down until he dies from it, which could take years). Some say the fenders are carved from ancient trees only found on an island on a lake on an island in the Pacific. Others say they are plastic. It has taken some monks over 8 years to make one fender, those monks were fired for being so slow, but then rehired after union negotiation. Those same monks now make fenders at a speed of 1 every 9 years. The process is hard to describe. If you have ever seen a surfboard shaper shape a surfboard.... it is nothing like that. If you have ever seen a blacksmith smith a knight's sword... it is nothing like that. Some say they are punched in a plastic mold then painted. Once the fender is finished the monk can begin his "death fall". There is an old saying that goes "every time a jeeper chops a Sahara fender, a single tear is wept...by the Pope, collected in a glass and drank by David Hasselhoff" So enjoy those painted fenders boys. The moniker "Sahara" originated in honor of the monk who started his death fall at one end of the Sahara desert and because of the soft sand, it took him 38 years to die from falling down as he crossed the desert. In the end he died from lupus. I hope this helps to answer your question and as most people like to put in every thread... It's not the height of your lift, it's your bumpstops that make the difference.
I have yet to cut mine as I do not wish to see the Pope cry

Quick Reply: Sahara Fender Flares?