Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sahara Bumper Covers - Removal

Old 03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sahara Bumper Covers - Removal

My buddy told me he removed the colored bumper covers off the rear bumper on the Sahara. I would like to do the same, however he said you have to break the screws on the top of the bumper.

Is that true? I would rather not break them off in case I want to put them back on. Are there instructions out there? I did a search and came up with nothing.

Also can the front be taken off as well?

Thanks

-Evan
Old 03-26-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't listen to your friend, he doesn't know what he is talking about. However for the rear cover the entire bumper has to be removed to get to the top screws. I assume that is why he broke the screws, he just got lazy. It takes all of 5 minutes to remove the rear bumper. For the front you just need to remove the cover between the bumper and the grill (where a winch would go). The entire job took me 30 minutes. If you take your time and don't break anything you can sell them on Ebay for over $100.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by olsen185
Don't listen to your friend, he doesn't know what he is talking about. However for the rear cover the entire bumper has to be removed to get to the top screws. I assume that is why he broke the screws, he just got lazy. It takes all of 5 minutes to remove the rear bumper. For the front you just need to remove the cover between the bumper and the grill (where a winch would go). The entire job took me 30 minutes. If you take your time and don't break anything you can sell them on Ebay for over $100.
Thanks. I think he mentioned taking the bumper off... that now you mention it.

He is currently painting a spare grill for me black to put on my Silver JKU. I will decide about removing the front after the grill is in place.

Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took off my silver covers this weekend. Very easy to do.

Please pull off the rear bumper first. Only six bolts holding it on.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to paint my bumper covers black to match the bumpers then decided it looks better removing the front bumper cover altogether. Haven't had a chance to remove the rear bumper cover yet though.

Quick Reply: Sahara Bumper Covers - Removal