Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sagging on right side !!

Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sagging on right side !!

Anyone have an issue with there unlimited leaning to the right a 1/2" or more ? Swapped springs under warranty and still doing it. It's a 13' , bought new with 12 miles on it. Open to suggestions...

Sent from my HTC One using JK-Forum
Old 04-21-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RUBICON7313
Anyone have an issue with there unlimited leaning to the right a 1/2" or more ? Swapped springs under warranty and still doing it. It's a 13' , bought new with 12 miles on it. Open to suggestions...

A common affliction. It is more pronounced with a full tank of gas. I didn't notice mine until after I installed my 2.5 " lift, a 1/2 inch Teraflex spacer cured it.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sitting in the driver's seat you cannot see it

Old 04-21-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't notice mine until I lifted it either. I went with the 2.5" TF puck lift and noticed it then. Thought it was because of the weak stock springs. So convinced the wife that it was the puck spring combo , and that a spring lift would cure all... So ordered new lift with brake lines , full set of control arms , drive shaft , etc.... And low and behold , it still does it. And yes predominantly with a full tank of gas. I even had the nerve to ask my wife , while going down the road one afternoon , hey , does the jeep feel like it's leaning to your side ? Man , that was like standing in explosives warehouse with a lite match.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

The stock height numbers assume a full tank of gas. Lots of JKs don't lean to the right with the tank full or empty, mine included.
Something must be different with those that lean.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any ideas.... Because it's got me stumped.. I thought it was once again the lift manufacture had a bad batch of springs. Anyone else have issues with RE springs or components ?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by RUBICON7313
Any ideas.... Because it's got me stumped.. I thought it was once again the lift manufacture had a bad batch of springs. Anyone else have issues with RE springs or components ?

The only way to eliminate the theory about the gas tank on the right side being a factor is to put a scale under each tire and compare the left and right side weights.

I did that several years ago with 1/2 tank of gas. Both sides weighed the same. Filling the tank wasn't enough additional weight to make it lean.

Are you sure your axles are centered after the lift?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I need to double check the front , and the rear came with an axle mounted Trac bar bracket. So no adjustment there. The front was within an 1/8".

Old 04-21-2014, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does your RE kit include new links for the REAR swaybar?

I had a noticeable lean on my passenger side until I installed some adjustable links to get rid of the pre-load.

You could try disconnecting the links and see if it makes any difference for you.

Last edited by OH9JK; 04-21-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Does your RE kit include new links for the REAR swaybar? I had a noticeable lean on my passenger side until I installed some adjustable links to get rid of the pre-load.
Had that issue when i did my lift too. He didnt adjust the sway bars properly and it pulled my passanger down. Made the jeep drive a little funny too.

Quick Reply: Sagging on right side !!