Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Safety thimble or hook?

Old 12-05-2016, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Safety thimble or hook?

Chocolate vs. vanilla, blondes vs. brunettes, safety thimbles vs. hooks - the debates rage on. I've decided I want to run synthetic line for my winch, but which termination do you guys prefer? I'm already raising a small army of D-rings, so those won't be a problem. I'm trying to think of a situation where I'd actively not want to hook up with a D-ring, and I can't think of any, but plenty of situations where the knowledge that the connection can't come out on its own would be helpful; plus a lot less flying mass on the end of my rope should the connection point fail for any reason.

So, what say ye?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Vanilla, Blondes and Thimbles.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

vanilla, blondes, hooks.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chocolate, brunettes, and maybe consider the ultra hook from Factor 55? Might be the best of both worlds. I'm a fan of all of their products. I would never go back to a regular winch hook.

Quick Reply: Safety thimble or hook?