Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Safarisnorkel >> coming soon !!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump again
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

acording to aussie informants,, gibson rm should have theirs next month, lets see if its true
Old 03-12-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrsig
I will stick with my River Raider it kicks but!

To see my Jeep in action go to http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
Did you guys relocate you axle breathers? If so how did you do it and where did you route them?

thanks.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Boxrcon
Did you guys relocate you axle breathers? If so how did you do it and where did you route them?

thanks.
the axle breathers are already up at 30" i believe, so it is not nearly as much of a concern as the air intake...if you get some water in your diffs....you can drain and replace, suck it up in your intake you could be fucked.

so when doing alot of water crossings, or extended periods of time in deep stuff its smart to change the diff fluid. I would like to extend breathers. but we will see what comes first.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default ARB / Safari Snorkel Update

I e-mailed ARB today in Melbourne, Australia - their Head Office and this is the reply I got:

Hi John,

Thanks very much for your interest in our products.

JK Safari snorkels are due to us as follows.

Early to Mid May for the Diesel RHD version and Mid June for the Petrol variant.

I trust you already have a back order in somewhere? If not you need to get your name down to be in the first batch releases.

Pricing is yet to be finalised.

If we can assist further in any way, please drop us another line.

Kind regards

Greg Milton
National Product and Services Manager
ARB Corporation Ltd
Head office and Manufacturing Complex
* 42 - 44 Garden St, Kilsyth, VIC, 3137

This is for Australia so I guess it would be a pretty similar time frame for you guys.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crash
We love hearing everyone’s opinions on our snorkel design.

In fact we are currently working on smoothing out some of the sharp lines in our design for a little more of a molded look while still retaining the high strength and flow of the system.

We do offer a prefilter for those driving through cotton fields.
We got your back.

As for the snow and rain issues.
It is important to remember that the small amount of moister from rain and snow and damp air that make it into the system are not the enemy.
In fact water injection systems are sold in many hi-performance catalogs. Water is sprayed directly into the intake for gains in horsepower and in some cases fuel efficiency. There are many on-line sources that confirm this practice.
The enemy is sucking in large amounts of water in a single deadly gulp. That large volume of water cannot be compressed and vital parts are destroyed.

We have done extensive testing in heavy rain and snow situations to ensure the proper functioning of our systems.

In fact if anyone who has snow that turns to ice that begins to block air flow in one of our systems I will personally come to your house and take care of that for you. And I will also defrost your deep freeze while I am there. We aim to please!

Thanks for giving me the chance to tell you about our system.
If you have any other questions of concerns feel free to call me personally 717 262 3079
Great thread, lots of pros and cons.

I'm getting the RR. I think the customer service already is outstanding (call and talk to Kenny). Another key point for me that hasn't been covered is color. I have a yellow Rubicon, and although it's another $150 for paint, I think the fact that they blend in to your paint color is another great attribute (function + form).

Further hope my wife won't notice if it's yellow!!

Blue Mesa
Old 03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

I like the Aev one the best

Quick Reply: Safarisnorkel >> coming soon !!!!!