Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Safarisnorkel >> coming soon !!!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Littlejon
My main thing is that the engine moves, and vibrates, the frame flexes, and between all of that movement I would think that over time a plastic or a metal snorkel could get stress fractures and allow water in. What is there to keep this from happening? also there are joints between the peices and the lower your snorkel goes through the body the more you are risking getting water into your engine if any of the seals between the joints fail.
If that is the case then fault also lies with the stock intake allowing unfiltered air into the intake. then whole system is there fore due to fail

that is why if u care about ur jeep u do preventative maintenance on the systems that u don't want to fail.
also the use of rubber hoses and flexible pipes with expansion and flex accordion style ribbing have a purpose as well
Old 01-26-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

As either choice requires punching a hole in the Jeep, what would be the best tool to use to do that? Also does RR have a picture anywhere of their pre-filter?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
That kinda looks like it's sitting against the side mirror....
Other than that I love this design!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JUSTIN01
That kinda looks like it's sitting against the side mirror....
Other than that I love this design!!!
sharp eye
Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
somehow I doubt it is
Yeah I know......just looks like it from the pic. I really want to see one in person too.

What am I going to do with my X sticker though.....
Old 01-27-2008, 03:22 AM
JK Newbie

I would like to see someone make an air intake system like the ones on the HUMVEEs. It gets cool air from outside of the engine bay, about six inches above the hood in front of the windshield (which, correct me if im wrong, has to make it way better than any CAI). Plus its stock location is high enough to ford most water, and if it isnt high enough then you just simply put the 2 foot extention on. Very simple, and very, very effective (i know from experience). Also the system is excellent at stopping everything but air, every week i would clean enough sand out of it to fill a sand bag (literally) and as far as i could tell none of it ever reached the tubing that connected to the engine.

History shows that most of our great off-road vehicles (jeep, hummer, etc..) and after-market parts like stronger axles and drivetrains as well as technological advances comes from our great military. From vehicles designed by the military, or specifically for the military, to take tons of punishment and to get soldiers where they need to go on the battlefield. So why hasnt anybody came up with a design like this for a jeep??? or is this just impractical for a civilian vehicle (i dont think it is)

I dont have a picture of it at this time...but i could get one if anyone would like to see what im talking about
Old 01-27-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Is the air intake on the Hummer H3 at the base of the winshield, or is that a fake to look like the H1?

I still like the look of the River Raider. It looks like it means business. Another advantage no one appears to have mentioned is that both the RR and Safari's high location lets it ingest less dust. The higher the better.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

i would go for the river rider still....
Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Subscribing
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Exclamation Bump.

Any news yet? Don't have cash yet, but c'mon!

Quick Reply: Safarisnorkel >> coming soon !!!!!