Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Safarisnorkel >> coming soon !!!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the safari snorkel, but I think a snorkel will be the last thing on my list.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any performance gain/loss with a snorkel VS. a CAI?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what snorkel I want yet. It's nice to see another brand. I hope more come out soon, I need more of a selection.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since we are basically all giving opinions on snorkel systems, here I go:

I like the thought that went into the River Raider snorkel, however I think the design is what kills it for me. It just doesn't flow well enough with the body (esp. the elbow part). Granted I know that in order to make it flow (design wise) better with the body, it would be more money so that I understand.

If they can make one that flows (design wise) similar to the Safari, made of aluminum, and with out a dumb looking top part, then I think that would be the day the snorkel would even end up on the list of parts for my Jeep.

Until then, adding a snorkel to go through deeper water is more involved than just buying hte snorkel. You then need to waterproof things in the engine, extend breather lines, change fluids after deep water treks, etc. just all in all too much to go deeper than I would care to go in my Jeep anyway.

To each there own and I love watching others going through 5' deep lakes, just not going to have video of mine doing it.

All done!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Maybe RR will want to comment on the snow effect thing. Thats an interesting question. What happens to the RR snorkel if its snowing really hard, snow turns into ice on the inside of the snorkel and then you start to have blockage. Also, no heat to melt it, just cool air...right??
Old 01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLICKWILL
I Think It Looks Ugly!!!
Funny, because I think it looks better myself. I think the river raider looks ugly. But then again..its not always all about looks. I'd like to see them both up close before purchase...
Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bodybrdng
Is there any performance gain/loss with a snorkel VS. a CAI?
Yes, of course.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Funny, because I think it looks better myself. I think the river raider looks ugly. But then again..its not always all about looks. I'd like to see them both up close before purchase...
a moderator dissing a sponsor! thats a first!

I obviously like the river raider looks because i have one, and i have it painted with the gatorhyde which will not fade....plastic does fade, honestly it is a matter of personal preference in regards to looks, but i believe that safari looks just humongous and cheap....

the river raider does have a pre-filter i believe, i don't have it, never found the need. i live in snowy rainy rochester, and have been throughout many of sleet rain and snow storms and never had buildup. we are talking sideways stuff.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cormac827
a moderator dissing a sponsor! thats a first!
Just for clarification, I'm not "dissing" a sponsor - I just don't like the way it looks and wouldn't buy it. I won't buy many of the products our sponsors sell. Purchases are all a matter of personal preference. I'm sure River Raider makes a fine product (as has been told by users such as yourself), it just doesn't match my personal taste is all.

Moderators are allowed to have opinions too, ya know
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Just for clarification, I'm not "dissing" a sponsor - I just don't like the way it looks and wouldn't buy it. I won't buy many of the products our sponsors sell. Purchases are all a matter of personal preference. I'm sure River Raider makes a fine product (as has been told by users such as yourself), it just doesn't match my personal taste is all.

Moderators are allowed to have opinions too, ya know
haha. i know, just giving you a hard time!

Quick Reply: Safarisnorkel >> coming soon !!!!!