Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RV Tow Harness P/N 82211156

Old 09-14-2007, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyR
The answer to the DXC harness is......

You must have 12V being supplied via the B+ terminal of the 7 pin harness, that's the upper right as you look at the tow vehicle. I.e The ignition must be on in the tow vehicle.

Andy
Just to solve the mystery, I will check the power output of both tow vehicles that I have tried the DC harness without luck.

I am concerned that if I have to modify my tow vehicles to move the power output then my other trailers may have issues.

My Cool Tech harness will arrive today and that seems like a solution that nobody has complained about.

I have a factory DC harness for sale.

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller, Bueller!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your trailer has electronic brakes, then this pin will be already active when your tow vehicle is running. No mods to the tow vehicle should be needed.

Andy
Old 09-14-2007, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Towing the jeep with truck/rv.....

I'm glad to see that there are people out there towing their jeeps. I'm trying to get my jeep rigged up to be tow-able with my van. I'm interested in how anybody rigged their front bumper so as to use a towbar, and what towbar they use. I have nuthin' except the jeep and the v10 van with 2x2 reciever....the two big parts. So I am in need of the hardware to link them together. Forget the brakes, and lights for now (travel in Mexico)...just info on the hard link to the two vehicles.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I use a Towmaster Falcon 'All-Terrain' setup, with custom mounts for the AEV bumper (and the factory harness).

Andyt
Old 09-14-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Demco Baseplate

Originally Posted by Smelt_1
I'm glad to see that there are people out there towing their jeeps. I'm trying to get my jeep rigged up to be tow-able with my van. I'm interested in how anybody rigged their front bumper so as to use a towbar, and what towbar they use. I have nuthin' except the jeep and the v10 van with 2x2 reciever....the two big parts. So I am in need of the hardware to link them together. Forget the brakes, and lights for now (travel in Mexico)...just info on the hard link to the two vehicles.
I use the Aluminator tow bar. In this pic you see the Demco baseplate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheels 6.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	3288  
Old 09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure what front bumper set up you have but I use the tow bar by Harbor Frieght.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94696
Old 01-12-2008, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

I just purchased part #82211156 to tow my jk. Drilled the hole ran everything, and the connectors do not fit into the factory connectors. Everything I have read says this works with '07 and '08 wranglers and unlimiteds. Mine is an '08unlimited sahara, with the factory tow package. Does anyone have any idea besides ordering the cool tech unit? This is crazy.

Scratch that, there is a second group of connectors further up in the dash. All is well, and everything works.

Last edited by free-n-ez; 01-13-2008 at 01:48 PM.

Quick Reply: RV Tow Harness P/N 82211156