Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rusty's Lift or Teraflex Budget Boost

Old 08-18-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty's Lift or Teraflex Budget Boost

I can't decide which is the better way to go. I am looking at the Rusty's 3.25" lift or a Teraflex budget boost. I think they will both be quality products, but of course cost is a factor. I am looking for something to fit a 35" tire so they both should work. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to a budget boost? Is the Rusty's lift that much better than a budget boost. I have read that with the Rusty's lift I should get a set of adjustable control arms, will I need these with the budget boost too?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

the TF BB will give you a bit of rubbing with the 35s
Old 08-18-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have you looked at the Teraflex 2.5 kit w/4 springs and shocks? Awesome kit for a 2 dr. I got mine from Northridge w/free shipping. part# 1251000 Check it out. As soon as I get a new camera, I can post some pics, but do a search on it.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by derekjm14
I have read that with the Rusty's lift I should get a set of adjustable control arms, will I need these with the budget boost too?
I have had both. My 35's fit fine with the BB but as already mentioned by someone, you'll have some rubbing under certain off-road conditions.

With the Rusty's, you'll get more like 3.5"s of lift. It fit's the 35's much better.

You do not have to get adjustable control arms. That's up to you. I've been running this kit over a year and have had no problems with it. It's taken me up every rock face I've set my sites on, so far.

Quick Reply: Rusty's Lift or Teraflex Budget Boost