Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rusty's coil springs! How is the ride?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty's coil springs! How is the ride?

All of you guys with Rusty's coils I was just wondering how they ride compared to stock or other springs you have had? Also do they settle any overtime? I picked up some OME HD springs for the front of my jeep the other day and was gonna run sone old spacers in the back but now I've decided to go ahead and get some new coils for the rear as well. I want this thing to sit good and level so I was thinkin of gettin the rusty's 2 inch coils for the rear as they are bout 32 bucks cheaper than another set of ome coils. But I've heard they don't ride as good as ome. So let me know what ya think!?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by daylon101
All of you guys with Rusty's coils I was just wondering how they ride compared to stock or other springs you have had? Also do they settle any overtime? I picked up some OME HD springs for the front of my jeep the other day and was gonna run sone old spacers in the back but now I've decided to go ahead and get some new coils for the rear as well. I want this thing to sit good and level so I was thinkin of gettin the rusty's 2 inch coils for the rear as they are bout 32 bucks cheaper than another set of ome coils. But I've heard they don't ride as good as ome. So let me know what ya think!?
you dont want to run the old man emu hd 2" coils in the front and rusty's 2" coils in the rear.

you'll be looking at a 2" difference and your JK will be like a pre-runner tacoma.

the old man HD coils normally gives a lot more height than advertised.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

also that 32 dollar difference will get eaten up by the shipping costs rusty's tacks on, when i ordered my 3.25 lift from them, it was 90 dollar shipping to arizona if i remember correctly. Something to keep in mind, also my springs have settled a bit now and its been 6-7 months tops since i put it on.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I've been told that rusty's 2 inch springs actually give 2.5 inches of lift and the ome HD give 3 inches on the front of a 4 door so how would that look bad? And the 32 bucks difference was with the shipping included. How much have your springs settled since you've got them do u think?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daylon101
Ok I've been told that rusty's 2 inch springs actually give 2.5 inches of lift and the ome HD give 3 inches on the front of a 4 door so how would that look bad? And the 32 bucks difference was with the shipping included. How much have your springs settled since you've got them do u think?
its going to look bad when your rusty coils sag 1/2-3/4" and the HD coils from OME don't sag. then you might as well throw on a tacoma sticker.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Had my Rust'ys lift for 8 months and no sag. My other Jeeps had Procomp, RC and Skyjacker and none of them really settled less then 1/2. I really liked the lift from Rusty's and the guys are good to talk to. Designed and built here.

Just like beer, all JK owners have different taste, but I'd recommend them definetely. Along with Coors!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone else?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

I have the 2'' lift and netted 3'' after it settled. I have a 2Dr.

As for quality, I love it. It's firm but not overly so.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

if i were even remotely worried about a harsher ride, i'd spend the extra $32. this being said, i have experience with neither
Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the rustys springs and I did the 3.25" lift springs in the front and 2" in the rear to level it out. I think they ride decent...keep in mind that its a jeep so its not gonna ride like a lexus, they are nice and very stiff, they only settled a little bit, maybe .25" since I put them in a year ago, by the way, I called to order and they gave me a much better deal

Quick Reply: Rusty's coil springs! How is the ride?