Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rustys 3 1/4 lift with 33's

Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rustys 3 1/4 lift with 33's

I was looking at getting the rustys 3 1/4in lift kit on my 4 door.... I was just wondering how it would look with 33in tiers. If the tiers would look to small. Also if you guys would recemend any other parts with the lift. I am completely stock on the suspension end...
Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Id recomend some adj. control arms for the front to dial in caster, either lowers or maybe some uppers that will actually adjust shorter, extended rear sway bar links(stock ones replace the fronts) and an adj. front trackbar and rear trackbar bracket (preferably frame mounted) to recenter your axles,and youll need to somehow extend the rear brake lines, either with drop brackets or extended lines. As for looks, ive seen a black 4door with that lift and 33's, doesnt look bad at all to me, im gonna run that lift soon with my 285/70/17 tires and although it would look perfect with some 35's, until $$ allows i still think itll look great with 33's, remember its your jeep. Good Luck!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 AM
JK Super Freak

They will look great... its a good lift.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 35's with the Rusty's 2" coils. I like the low COG and the tires that fill the wheelwells. The Rusty's give you more lift than advertised, so 33's may not look as good on a 4-door. If you go with the 35's now, the cost difference will be small. If you get 33's and think they look small after you have them on, then it will cost you a lot more to change them. Go to a tire shop and roll both sizes next to the Jeep to see what you like and scan the galleries here...

Last edited by armycop; 11-12-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

you will need adjustable rear sway bar links,the kit has quick release for the front.i bought tera flex bump stops front and rear and made brake line extensions.you will not need any track bar brackets because the kit comes with front and rear track bars.it's a great kit and it rides pretty good too.
good luck
Old 11-12-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Basic Rusty's kit comes with front and rear coils springs, front and rear adjustable trac bars,and a set of Rusty's shocks.

I would also add the following:
Upper rear adjustable control arms so you can set pinion angle.
Lower front adjustable control arms so you can set caster
longer sway bar links front and rear.

You can run 33's and be happy, but if you upgrade to 35 you will probably also be looking at re-gearing as well. Just another angle to consider.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Rustys 3.25 lift with a 1.25 body lift 1.5 wheel spacers and i easily clear 37s. It is a great lift and you will be very happy with it. I drove around with my stock 32s for a few days and it didnt really look right but 33 12.5s with a wider offset would look ok

Old 11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by armycop
I have 35's with the Rusty's 2" coils. I like the low COG and the tires that fill the wheelwells. The Rusty's give you more lift than advertised, so 33's may not look as good on a 4-door. If you go with the 35's now, the cost difference will be small. If you get 33's and think they look small after you have them on, then it will cost you a lot more to change them. Go to a tire shop and roll both sizes next to the Jeep to see what you like and scan the galleries here...
i just ordered that 2 inch kit to replace my hockey puck lift, you can fit 35s you say. how does it ride, and did you get the quick disconnects?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys.. I was thinking about getting rustys control arms also... Any problems with them?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2 nch on 35s I had a little rbbing at full stuff so I got the daystar 3/4 spaers for fifty bucks and wow I lovie it. Rustys kit is great and good value. I. Ecpmmend the daystars for 35 s though

Quick Reply: rustys 3 1/4 lift with 33's