Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rusty mattress

Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty mattress

So I'm getting tired of the old rusty squeaky mattress the jeep makes...It doesn't matter if I'm going 2mph or 70mph. I've retorqued everything, I've regreased my control arms, sprayed lube in all the bushings but still sounds like a someone having sex on a rusty broken spring bed. Any suggestions? 2010 JKU Procomp 4" stage II short arm lift kit. 20k miles. Is it the bushings?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NGN10
So I'm getting tired of the old rusty squeaky mattress the jeep makes...It doesn't matter if I'm going 2mph or 70mph. I've retorqued everything, I've regreased my control arms, sprayed lube in all the bushings but still sounds like a someone having sex on a rusty broken spring bed. Any suggestions? 2010 JKU Procomp 4" stage II short arm lift kit. 20k miles. Is it the bushings?
you purchased the wrong vehicle if you were looking for a quiet ride.... Let me point you to the Mercedes dealership.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

^^I like the smartassness.

My jeep doesn't make sex sounds, but I have stock springs and dampers. I'll talk to my buddy about it, he has a similar setup on his xj
Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

This is my fourth jeep and never had this problem with any of them. I'm not looking for it to be a cadillac but it shouldn't sound the way it does. Its not a piece of shit. I take pride in my cars.
JK Newbie

I sprayed my shocks rod with wd40 at the bump stops. It stopped them from squeaking. But mine was hardly noticeable
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JkHauler
you purchased the wrong vehicle if you were looking for a quiet ride.... Let me point you to the Mercedes dealership.
So it's normal for it to make weird rusty mattress sex noises? Mine doesnt. Should I be worried?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Have you thought about the plastic grill thing under the hood cowl? The standoffs are hard plastic clips that slide into metal slots at the sides and bottom. Also it supports the metal cowl. It was the source of the styrofoam ice chest sound as well as a rattle. I put rubber between all metal and plastic contacts ann it made a world of difference! There is a thread about it somewhere that I could not locate fast.m
Old 03-13-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

It's definitely coming from the suspension all over especially when the jeep rocks quite a bit. Its not just a squeak here and there its a consistent errr ehhh errr ehh is the best way to say it sounds like. Or sex on an old bed. whichever you prefer.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Only time my Jeep sounds like a sex session is when I am having sex in it. But it's usually moans and growns... No squeeky noises.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

I had a 99 blazer that made these noises. I searched for months replacing everything as I went. In the end I sold it..... Not saying you should sell your jeep, lol.

Quick Reply: Rusty mattress