Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Running without a steering stabilizer?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ran for a week with no SS after i installed my currectlyc tie rod because the new u bolts jumped out of the box before i got it.. i felt no difference.. like was said if everything is up to par in your front u should have no issues at all...
Old 07-27-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies.

I do notice a bit more movement in the steering wheel over uneven roads, but nothing to be concerned over. When I gusseted my axles, I had the shop set a bit more toe and fine tune my adjustable track bar. So far so good.

At some point, I'll deal with it.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lost my third about 5000km ago, just had the new one put on from the recall...

Can honestly say it feels no different...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

I lost mine on a trail once--didn't even notice it for about a week. Oops. I noticed a little more bump steer on big bumps compared to what I was used to. Wasn't a big deal.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kedge
Sure you can run without them and may not feel a difference on the smooth road, but they are there for a reason. They are intended to not only smooth out minor road and trail steering bumping but will definitely help with the larger side to side bumping you might get. Some can even cause you to lose control, something that will happen less often with it connected. Try not to get to use to not having it as it can become a hazard in the long run. Also if you have bigger tires it is almost a must or at least a must recommend.
Come on now, where did you get this info from the outfit that sells the dual ones? I'm running 37's and no steering stabilizer. The older vehicles never had them and till someone thought 4 looked good on a jacked up truck they wern't even a standard item.

Quick Reply: Running without a steering stabilizer?