Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Running Prorock 44 UNLIMITED with no lift...yet

Old 05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Prorock 44 UNLIMITED with no lift...yet

i am close to pulling the trigger on a Prorock44Unltd. i understand the unlimited44 has 10degrees of caster. problem is, i am on stock suspension right now (no lift)

will the extra angle cause a problem in the driveline?

i dont want to purchase the regular prorock44 and be unhappy once i lift it
Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

install a BB lift kit, there very cheap, easy to install, and that way you won't have a problem with your new axle angle.

cheers
Old 05-18-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

my budget might not have enough wiggle room for it. i have more than enough for a prorock, but the extra cash i would like to save until i can get a real lift

maybe i'll just run no front driveshaft until then lol
Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
my budget might not have enough wiggle room for it. i have more than enough for a prorock, but the extra cash i would like to save until i can get a real lift

maybe i'll just run no front driveshaft until then lol
I'm intrested in this as well. What size tire you looking to run? What size lift are you wanting to run? I'm in the same boat as you if I bought a prorock I would have to run it on stock suspension for a while untill I saved up enough money for everything else. I'm only wanting to run a 37in tire so I'm thinking about sleeving c gussets chromoly shaft with an Aussie locker in the front d30 and call it good untill I break it then I will consider pr its a lot cheaper to do all that than to buy a pr but I'm not a hard core wheeler either.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The driveline angle will be the same, only the caster will change. You'll go from 4* of caster to 8* by installing the Unlimited housing.

Your std housing has 4* of caster and 2* of driveline up tilt for 6* of separation. The Unlimited housing has 8* of caster and 2* driveline up tilt for 10* of separation. The extra 4* of caster will make your rig handle differently. You might want to add adjustable control arms to tilt the driveshaft up a bit (splitting the difference) until you get your lift.

Quick Reply: Running Prorock 44 UNLIMITED with no lift...yet