Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Running hydro assist with aluminum tie rod

Old 02-22-2014, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running hydro assist with aluminum tie rod

Hey guys and gals. Well finally going to transition to Hydraulic assist. I am currently running the RK HD aluminum tie rod. Will there be any issues with it and using a clamp rather than welded tabs. I'm not opposed to going with the poly but that'll push me back another month. Insight, comments and bullshit welcomed.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Its a solid rod so a clamp would be fine. Use one of the heavy duty clamps like what synergy or ballistic offer and weld a double sheer to it. Make sure the assist cylinder is mounted paralell to the tie rod to keep stress of the tre's
Old 02-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Its a solid rod so a clamp would be fine. Use one of the heavy duty clamps like what synergy or ballistic offer and weld a double sheer to it. Make sure the assist cylinder is mounted paralell to the tie rod to keep stress of the tre's
Exactly. I have the RK aluminum tie rod as well and am in the middle of doing exactly what Dirtman said.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies! Will proceed with said project.

Quick Reply: Running hydro assist with aluminum tie rod