Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ruggid ridge modular bumper

Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ruggid ridge modular bumper

Anyone happen to have a breakdone-installation manual for the Ruggid Ridge molular bumper? I've decided to save some $ and fabricate one for my Welding degree. Is everyone pretty happy with the current design? Is there anything you would change/modify? This will be fun.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by swampyone
Anyone happen to have a breakdone-installation manual for the Ruggid Ridge molular bumper? I've decided to save some $ and fabricate one for my Welding degree. Is everyone pretty happy with the current design? Is there anything you would change/modify? This will be fun.
I don't have a manual from mine, but the thing I would change about the current design is to allow more tire clearance when fully flexed. (for the ends) I have to take the ends off when I go wheeling because I get stock size tires up into them, let alone the 36's.

I'm thinking about buying a welder so that I can try my hand at making a few of my own parts...
Old 04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

I'm running stock tires..33's on an 06 Ruby....is that an issue at full extension???...

I need some measurements... center...no ends...edge to edge, top to bottem, distance from bottem of hoop to bottem of winch plate, thickness depth, (front to back.)

I think they are 3/16" steel...with the winch mount being 1/2"...any other reinforcement?

thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by swampyone
I'm running stock tires..33's on an 06 Ruby....is that an issue at full extension???...

I need some measurements... center...no ends...edge to edge, top to bottem, distance from bottem of hoop to bottem of winch plate, thickness depth, (front to back.)

I think they are 3/16" steel...with the winch mount being 1/2"...any other reinforcement?

thanks!
I'll try to get some measurements for you this weekend. I have the JK in the body shop fixing a little body damage.

Quick Reply: ruggid ridge modular bumper