Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge xtreme heavy duty tire carrier measurements

Old 09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge xtreme heavy duty tire carrier measurements

Looking for a little help. Made a mistake of sorts many months ago thinking I would not need a tire carrier and buying a 3/8 inch steel rear bumper with integrated drings. Now I'm looking to see what I can do to fashion a tire carrier onto this thing so I don't have to start over. I was curious as to what the outside measurements of the mounting brackets of teh Rugged Ridge Extreme Heavy Duty Tire carrier are. It looks like if the measurements are right (i.e. it will sit inside my d-rings) I can drill a couple holes mount it up and move on. Also curious as to the depth of the mounting brackets, i.e. if you were looking down at the top of the bumper how long are the top of the RR brackets?

Looking for a couple of quick easy solutions, but if it don't pan out I'll be buying parts and starting the fab process. Just no time for that at this juncture.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

distance between outer ends of brackets - 46.25"

width of brackets- 7"

length of top bracket- 4.75" ( that is the distance actually covered from the back of the bumper to the end of the bracket)
Old 09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Much, I really appreciate the help....off to figure out where the kids hid one of the 20 tape measures hiding around this place.....

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge xtreme heavy duty tire carrier measurements