Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Xtreme Heavy Duty Rear Bumper, good bumper?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tgoods 09 X
I love mine its a beefy bumper. I recently slid mine into a tree, pretty hard and it held up VERY well. It lines up very nicely with stock fenders. My only complaint on it is the rust. Ive had it for a little over a year and its rusting pretty bad already. I am going clean it off and bedline it this summer.

If I could do it again I would have gotten an OR-Fab but the Rugged Ridge one is still a good bumper.

ORFab was my first choice, but after I saw through its photos, I realized that it doesn't have good departure angles as XHD and also it comes little short on the side wraparound coverage making rear fender flares stick up too much and it doesn't look good to my taste. ORF is much cheaper too.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Yeah thats one thing I really liked about the RR bumper. It lines up with the fenders very nicely!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exactly, it lines up with the fenders just like the stock bumper does. I think its perfect, if not for that visual thing and departure angle, I would go to ORF as they are cheaper.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No rattles, no rust, straight forward install. I'm happy.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

I absolutely love mine! The thing is a tank too... this is what happens when a Neon hits it dead nuts at around 20 mph. Totally saved my Jeep today... thank you RR!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0261.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	160793
Old 05-15-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Default i absolutely love mine, just got in installed last week too

Click image for larger version

Name:	black bumper.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	160795

i have the front and rear rugged ridge xhd bumper and i have no complaints whatsoever
Old 05-15-2011, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed mine with the tire carrier last weekend. Great looking bumper. The thing is frickin heavy and strongly built. The weight with the tire carrier must be close to 250lbs I would say. It is made from 4mm thick steel plate. The tire carrier is made just as well as the bumper...nothing wrong with the tire carrier itself. The only thing I don't like is the cheap looking, poorly casted and poorly finished latch mechanism. Rugged Ridge should take this latch off their bumpers. It actually detracts from the quality look of the rest of the bumper. I think I'm going to actually design myself some type of closure like a hitch pin or something. Other than that, I am really happy with the bumper. Goes on easy so long as you have everything including the bolts on the mounting plates very loose when you are lining up all the holes. I think this bumper looks nicer than most out there.

As you can see, I had to back the Jeep into my parking stall just so I could sit outside my front porch and admire it.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 05-15-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a good looking setup. Favorite top 3 on my list when I buy soon

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Xtreme Heavy Duty Rear Bumper, good bumper?