Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD -- What's it weigh and will I need a leveling kit

Old 01-16-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge XHD -- What's it weigh and will I need a leveling kit

I'm considering an XHD bumper, ends, hoop for my 2011 unlimited sport. Curious as to what it weighs and whether I'll need some sort of suspension leveling kit (plan to add a winch as well). Anybody knows how much weight it'll add and how much sag to expect? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elnapaz
I'm considering an XHD bumper, ends, hoop for my 2011 unlimited sport. Curious as to what it weighs and whether I'll need some sort of suspension leveling kit (plan to add a winch as well). Anybody knows how much weight it'll add and how much sag to expect? Thanks.
Man it makes mine sag
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3301263687.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	118327  
Old 01-16-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

yes it will sag your stock suspension. i dont doubt at least an inch with bumper and winch
Old 01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bumper,Stinger, Winch...took a 1" T-Flex spacer to level mine back out. They are also the cheaper of the spacers.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hold off

I have a two door (09), its almost 3 years old. No end caps and no hoop but I have a superwinch lp8.5 which probably equals the weight of what you want to do if not more. Bumpers relatively new so I haven't had any sagging issues yet. To get an idea have someone about 150-180lb stand on the front of you bumper, this will give you a good idea of how much sagging will go on. If you have a two door it most likely will be negligible that you wont need a leveling kit. Save your money and put it toward a lift kit.

EDIT:
Forget what I said (elnapaz), I reread what you posted and saw you have a 4 door plus plan to add end caps, hoop and winch, which will probably push about 200Lb +. It all depends on what type of winch. I really can only speak on behave of a 2door.

Last edited by coorsfan; 01-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

my RR XHD with a Recon 10.5K winch weighs about 130lbs.. no hoop yet..should be in this week.... no end caps either... my 2011 2dr rubi dropped 5/8" I don't really notice it ... I want to get some armor on before the lift.. then I can level it and all at the same time.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by StrokeHerAce
Bumper,Stinger, Winch...took a 1" T-Flex spacer to level mine back out. They are also the cheaper of the spacers.
How easy was it to install the spacer? Any effects on ride/handling on the road? (Unfortunately, reality is that my Jeep spends 95%+ of its time on the road.)
Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

It will sag. I have the bumper with the end caps, hoop and XRC winch. Mine sags in the front. The front spacers are easy to install. Jack up jeep, take off wheels, Undo swaybar links, undo brake line brackets and get slack. Undo shocks, drop front axle enough to get out springs, insert spacers and reassemble.

I may have left out a couple pieces. I was going by memory when i did my budget boost. Front spacers shouldn't take long to install at all.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has all that junk that hopefully saves my a$$ someday and it needs *something*!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everybody for the help. Just ordered a RR XHD with end caps and hoop from CES Offroad. Seemed the best price I could find ($539 + free shipping). Will hold off on leveling/lift decision until after I get all the accessories on it, e.g. rock rails (great advice, didn't think about that). Psyched!

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD -- What's it weigh and will I need a leveling kit