Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD weighing down front end?

Old 03-29-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ©|||||||©
Does anyone know why the aluminum XHD not so popular yet? There are a couple of online stores that carry it but not available on the major aftermarket vendors. The weight savings is huge! I would like to see a full end cap option added beside the stubby ends currently sold. I'm sure as soon as I get this system from Rugged Ridge, all of the other brands will have their alum. versions out, just my luck.
Any thoughts?
Aberle Off-Road makes a great looking aluminum bumper. Honestly, I think it's one of the best looking bumpers out there. 'Spensive, though...

Old 03-29-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Aberle Off-Road makes a great looking aluminum bumper. Honestly, I think it's one of the best looking bumpers out there. 'Spensive, though...
Do you know if Aberle is still in the bumper business? I read on other forums that they closed shop or possibly lost access to their aluminum foundry. I tried contacting them a couple months ago and got no response.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mvymr
Do you know if Aberle is still in the bumper business? I read on other forums that they closed shop or possibly lost access to their aluminum foundry. I tried contacting them a couple months ago and got no response.
I got an email from Mike Aberle just a couple of days ago. Apparently they are re-opening their shop in a month or so and will have some bumper specials available at that time. I guess we'll see if that comes to pass, but he seemed pretty confident.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Rocker
Good to know. I have a 2.5 BB and a new bumper on its way. I was hoping it wouldnt rake too badly.
On my 4 door I added a 3/4 skyjacker spacer on top of my 2.5 bb when I added a winch and bumper to level it out...rode that set up on a 2007 jku for 5 years without a prob

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD weighing down front end?