Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD weighing down front end?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge XHD weighing down front end?

Was thinking of getting the XHD front and just running it as a stubby. Does it weigh enough to have to put in a thicker spacer up front?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

I don't know if it's going to weigh enough that you need a spacer, but it is steel and the stock bumper is plastic..
Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

I'm getting the same bumper with the ends and hoop. I was told the bumper weights about 100# all together. You will be removing some steel from the stock bumper along with the plastic. I'm guessing the weight is not that much more than the stock.
Does anyone know the weight of the stock bumper?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by husker_shoe
Was thinking of getting the XHD front and just running it as a stubby. Does it weigh enough to have to put in a thicker spacer up front?
When we had ours installed w/o end caps and no winch there was no big noticable drop. Once the winch went in we added 3/4" coil spacers to even everything out.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the xhd stinger on back order, and i put 1 3/4 in the front and 3/4 in the back just recently when i went to 33's anticipating it to sag with the bumper and the winch, i didnt have any rake before, now im up alittle in the front, but figure it will settle even with the bumper winch...
Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default no noticeable difference

I have run this setup as a stubby and with the endcaps. There was no noticeable difference in the front end sag between stock and the XHD. As a stubby, it weighs about the same as the stock bumper (with steel insert). I imagine after I install my winch I will notice a difference and will probably add a spacer.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I Love mine! Heavy duty, durable, and great price!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

bumper, hoop and end caps (no winch yet) and no noticable sag, but i also added an LoD rear bumper and 35 inch tire, which may have offset the impact of the weight up front.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

i have the stubby with stinger and skid plate. love the look. after about a month and a half my ride started to feel hard. i looked at the springs and saw this...

basically i destroyed my front springs. i replaced them with the OME HD springs and my ride is back to normal
Old 05-19-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Cool! Thanks alot for the replies everyone. Does the Rugged Ridge skid plate that protects the electric disco and stuff look good with this setup at all?

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD weighing down front end?