Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD vs Pure Jeep tire carriers

Old 12-12-2008, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge XHD vs Pure Jeep tire carriers

Alright Guys,
I need to pull the trigger and buy a rear bumper/tire carrier combo for my 07 JK. I think I have it narrowed down to the Rugged XHD Bumper/Tire Carrier and the Pure Jeep Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier. The Rugged Ridge is $100 cheaper. One is $700 and one is $800....both with free shipping. Any advice? I have searched every tire carrier page, but if you have any other suggestions, let me know....

Scott
Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll make your decision a little easier... the RR XHD tire carrier isn't out yet, and knowing RR it won't be until the spring. You can get the bumper, but if you want the tire carrier you'll have to go with something else.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ohiost8te
Alright Guys,
I need to pull the trigger and buy a rear bumper/tire carrier combo for my 07 JK. I think I have it narrowed down to the Rugged XHD Bumper/Tire Carrier and the Pure Jeep Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier. The Rugged Ridge is $100 cheaper. One is $700 and one is $800....both with free shipping. Any advice? I have searched every tire carrier page, but if you have any other suggestions, let me know....

Scott
4wd hardware is having 10% off the bumpers right now, .. that'll save you some cash.

The Purejeep is extremely heavy duty, PJ also made in the USA.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 12-12-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD vs Pure Jeep tire carriers