Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD Tire Carrier Mount

Old 02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge XHD Tire Carrier Mount

So, I have a question... this tire carrier mount says its for use with their XHD bumpers and that the XHD Tire Carrier Mount attaches to the XHD Rear Bumper using the D-ring mounts for a solid foundation. My question is, do you think I can just make some cuts to my stock bumper and attach this to my frame where the D-Rings would mount anyway....? or do you think it wont line up?

Also, is this a good product? What other cheaper tire carrier options without a bumper? I know about the OR-fab and bestop body mounted ones.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_910_07.htm

Last edited by FoxRacingJMC; 02-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpity bump bump bump.... anyone here?
Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked into it, and it really wont work. You can use this carrier with out their bumper, but at the very least, you need their bumper brackets (or have a shop fab something for you)

I have this tire carrier and it does its job. Its pretty solid but takes a lot of tweaking to stop all the rattles. The latch is also a terrible design IMO

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Tire Carrier Mount