Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD storage endcaps or regular endcaps?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dronac
Awesome idea! I had spare motor oil leak out in another vehicle.
Two one quart bottles will fit in each side, with a little room left for a tow strap or winch controller.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 210GoldenEagle
I was curious to see if the end caps would fit with the pre-runner guard but it looks like they do. On Quadratec's website you are not able to put the pre-runner guard on with the end caps but i couldn't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. This bumper will hopefully be on my Jeep in the near future. I love the look of the pre-runner guard and end caps.
Yeah, I ordered the storage caps before the flash was updated and it didn't give me any errors. I was mildly upset when everything arrived and I couldn't open the end caps with the pre-runner on. But it wasn't anything that a sawsall with a torch blade couldn't fix. There's plenty of clearance between the pre-runner and the storage end caps that there's no rub, so I'd say there's at least 1" of clearance between the pre-runner and normal end caps.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by r3cluse
I have the RR XHD bumper, storage caps and the prerunner guard. I had to modify the guard to use the end caps but I still like the look. Neither of my end caps leak and there is no wear issues with 35" tires. I have a 3.5" skyjacker lift and 1.5" spacers on Dick Cepek DC2 wheels though. I have pictures posted of my installation under my projectjk.

http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...r=1045&cat=500

The pictures are pre-guard modifcation. All I did was cut enough off to access the end caps and then sealed the ends of the guard.
Speaking of modifications, what are the dimensions of the opening in the winch base? I am wondering if I can drop one of my surplus ammo cans into that opening since I would not be mounting a winch.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just measured the space, looks like 6 3/4 by 22 1/2. There are some supports inside that you might be able to cut out and give yourself more room.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dang, awesome response time!
Thanks

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD storage endcaps or regular endcaps?