Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD storage endcaps or regular endcaps?

Old 02-21-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them and like them although one of them leaks pretty bad. It just happens to be the one I was storing my RR winch controller in. I was not happy but I did find it wet at a time when I really didn't need the winch. I took the controller apart, dried it out, and now it is fine. Rugged Ridge has given me great customer service, but I have been too lazy to call them and return it for one that doesn't leak. I would still recommend them.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by muttsjk
I have the storage end and like them , as stated above they are water tight unless you go under ( a lip sticks up about a half inch or so and has rubber seal ) as far as what fits I have the following in mine : winch controller , snatch block , 2 tow straps 2 extra "D" rings with a little room left over
I'd like to carry extra bottles of important fluids when wheelin'. Seeing these storage bumpers made me think that might be the perfect place for them. I would prefer not to have them in the vehicle. How many quart containers can fit per side do you think? Like a bottle of oil, atf, power steering fluid, etc.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thelouv
I'd like to carry extra bottles of important fluids when wheelin'. Seeing these storage bumpers made me think that might be the perfect place for them. I would prefer not to have them in the vehicle. How many quart containers can fit per side do you think? Like a bottle of oil, atf, power steering fluid, etc.
Awesome idea! I had spare motor oil leak out in another vehicle.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dronac
Awesome idea! I had spare motor oil leak out in another vehicle.
Oil leakage? Ahh... thats just extra corrosion protection.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
FYI.... In the near future we will have new stubby ends for the XHD...

In other words get the standard bumper for now and see what you might like for later.

The new ends will give a more finished look to the standard stubby bumper. These ends will also work on all XHD's regardless of when they were sold.

NO.... NO images at this time. Will release them closer to the time they are ready to be sold.

They should be ready by the end of the summer.
Sweet!! Looking forward to seeing those. Thanks Rugged Ridge!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Any updated reviews on the storage Ends... do tires rub... I'm going no bigger then 33's.

leaks, lock problems, etc...
what the weight?

thanks
Mike
Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the RR XHD bumper, storage caps and the prerunner guard. I had to modify the guard to use the end caps but I still like the look. Neither of my end caps leak and there is no wear issues with 35" tires. I have a 3.5" skyjacker lift and 1.5" spacers on Dick Cepek DC2 wheels though. I have pictures posted of my installation under my projectjk.

http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...r=1045&cat=500

The pictures are pre-guard modifcation. All I did was cut enough off to access the end caps and then sealed the ends of the guard.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the storage ends and have not had any leak issues. I keep my tow strap, tree saver, d-rings, snatch block, 2 wrenchs to take off the bumper rings if I need to hook up to them and a pair of gloves in mine. I do keep my winch controller in the cab since I want to make sure it stays protected.

The only complaint I have is that the key covers are hella cheap and the "hinges" on both of mine are tearing. If anyone has a solution for a better replacement let me know please.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks

I just ordered them... hopefully they help clear up some space in the back...

Old 09-07-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r3cluse
I have the RR XHD bumper, storage caps and the prerunner guard. I had to modify the guard to use the end caps but I still like the look. Neither of my end caps leak and there is no wear issues with 35" tires. I have a 3.5" skyjacker lift and 1.5" spacers on Dick Cepek DC2 wheels though. I have pictures posted of my installation under my projectjk.

http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...r=1045&cat=500

The pictures are pre-guard modifcation. All I did was cut enough off to access the end caps and then sealed the ends of the guard.
I was curious to see if the end caps would fit with the pre-runner guard but it looks like they do. On Quadratec's website you are not able to put the pre-runner guard on with the end caps but i couldn't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. This bumper will hopefully be on my Jeep in the near future. I love the look of the pre-runner guard and end caps.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD storage endcaps or regular endcaps?