Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD RRC - Mounting the D-Rings

Old 10-17-2010, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge XHD RRC - Mounting the D-Rings

OK, so I just installed the RR bumper system with the RRC add-on. The d-rings don't go on because of the way the RRC installs. I have 2 d-ring mounts and d-rings. Thought I could remove the d-rings from the mounts and add to the mounts on the RRC. Problem: The size of the d-rings going into the mounts is way wider then the mount holes and therefore a sloppy install where the d-rings would be sliding around, killing the finish, not to mentions "clanging" during any movement. Anyone find a way to mount them? Some sort of spacers?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see your issue...I know the RR D-rings look cool...but I think you are right they are way to big. Also ever in you put some type of spacer you may not get the strength you want as they are not going to hang properly.

Get the Black D-rings from Smittybilt from amazon smittybilt 13047B 3/4" Black D-Ring $12.99 each

And the Daystar Isolators--Daystar KU70056BK Black D-Ring Isolator - 2 Piece $14.98 a set(will stop the clanking)

Joe
Old 10-17-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dxfiles
Get the Black D-rings from Smittybilt from amazon smittybilt 13047B 3/4" Black D-Ring $12.99 each

And the Daystar Isolators--Daystar KU70056BK Black D-Ring Isolator - 2 Piece $14.98 a set(will stop the clanking)

Joe
Thanks Joe for the reply. Ordered and ordered.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

So where can I mount these "left over" d-rings? Maybe when i replace the rear bumper.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We always used rubber washers for this issue. Home Depot or Lowes and even Ace Hardware. One on each side of the mount. Small frustration when you go to use them but how often do you? I mean, we drive Jeeps!! The only time we get stuck... We probably knew we were and that prepares you for the frustration all the way around!!! I see you bought new ones so I will just post this for others that might not have the money...
Old 10-17-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just put a dab of black silicone on your finger, Push it in between the D ring and the bracket, align and let it dry. No more clanking. Re apply when necessary. No more clanking and it's virtually invisible to the eye.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

The ones that come with the bumper are not standard D-rings, they have a much wider throat. Just use standard D-rings with the RRC, you do not have to use wrenches to take them on and off like the wider ones
you can see here they are not standard
Click image for larger version

Name:	dring.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	96005

The RRC uses standard
Click image for larger version

Name:	big jeep.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	96007
Old 10-17-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by myklt8
The ones that come with the bumper are not standard D-rings, they have a much wider throat. Just use standard D-rings with the RRC, you do not have to use wrenches to take them on and off like the wider ones
you can see here they are not standard
Attachment 96005

The RRC uses standard
Attachment 96007
Killer rig dude!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ReRockeR
Killer rig dude!!!
Thanks, I am proud of her

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD RRC - Mounting the D-Rings