Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper Install Issue - Help!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Super Big Screwdriver Prying Method worked great! Thank you for saving me a lot of time.

Have you guys noticed any other quirks with this bumper? Specifically the gap between the bottom of the fender flair and the top of the bumper is 2x as large on the passenger side than driver. Also, it took a lot of adjusting to get it so the tailgate did not hit the striker plate post on the bumper and as it is now there's only about a 1mm gap.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had to use the "Big screw driver method" on mine last night.

Thanks so much for posting the recommendation.

My Jeep did not have the cross member brackets since I had a different bumper on the jeep when I bought it. How sturdy will this be with the 4 bolts to the frame and the "Nut plate"? Should I see if I can order the brackets from jeep / rugged ridge?

It feels sturdy, I was able to jump on it with no movement, but I don't want anything to break when trying to recover/getting recovered.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default My issue with the Rugged Ridge rear bumper

I had a simular issue....mine was the additional support bracket for the right side. This bracket provides additional support for the tire carrier. It was about a 1/2" off and no matter how much jiggle and prying into place, she just wouldn't go....Ended up doing a little grinding and presto.
I like the bumper, but would reccomend to anyone to look around before buying this particular one.
The locking pin for the tire carrier is very cheap...I am working on a replacement, that will be spring loaded.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper Install Issue - Help!!!