Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RUGGED RIDGE XHD Rear Aluminum Bumper Pods

Old 05-31-2012, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RUGGED RIDGE XHD Rear Aluminum Bumper Pods

Looking for a rear bumper and like the idea of the pods. saves weight. i need to run a trailer hitch and was wondering if anyone had this setup with the stock or other hitch. would love to see a pic of it before deciding. Or-fab was another option i was looking at. not running a rear tire carrier now but may add one in the future and i think both can accomodate in the future.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

bump - i know its not popular yet but nobody?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of the same thing, so will follow this thread closely.

Another thing I'm considering is how this will impact the stance of the vehicle. I'm going to add a winch to the front, so adding weight in the front and SUBTRACTING it from the back will like exacerbate the problem.

If you haven't seen it, they also make a bridging part -- the "step" -- between the pods to complete the bumper look. It doesn't appear to impact the trailer hitch at all.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had a little cash, so I went for 'em. I'll let you know what I think once I see them...
Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubi Driver
Had a little cash, so I went for 'em. I'll let you know what I think once I see them...
cool- keep me posted.. how much they set you back $$ .. driving down to florida in a couple weeks and since i'll be in the states figured I'll take advantage and get some jeep parts.. we get screwed up here 6 ways from sunday
Old 06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubi Driver
get them yet? any photos? all of the angles!
saw them on a JK in town today. we were stuck in traffic on the interstate and I was able ask him how he liked them.

Quick Reply: RUGGED RIDGE XHD Rear Aluminum Bumper Pods