Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Snorkel install instructions

Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I haven't gotten the snorkel yet only the instructions via an email from Alec at eadoffroad.com. As soon as it arrives I'll inbox it and take some initial impression photos and the like.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hemi fit

So I talked to rugged ridge about fitting this to a hemi conversion, and there are a couple things I was told might need to be weary of:

First, the hemi obviously requires quite a bit of air at the higher rpm ranges. This really won't matter for me, since I'm looking at a way to make the air box top as a piece that I can easily remove and put on during any potentially serious water crossings. Te hardest part is ensuring that the air box stays water proof.

Second, is the exhaust on the hemi. Since the cats are right by the engine on the hemi, this leaves less room for the metal pipe to fit. I'll have to get a piece of scrap metal with similar outer dimensions and do some test fitting, I may be fabricating my own fittings between the actual snorkle and air box.

Anyway, I'm looking into this, and will post what I find out for those that have a hemi as well.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeylank
Got any pics yet?
The snorkles are still in transit. I also preordered from AED and they sent an email saying it was delayed, and scheduled to arrive in Atlanta by Friday, so they's be able to pick up on Monday then ship out to customers.

I have to say that the instructions are intimidating to me. I kinda feel like cutting a hole in my hood right about now.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cutting holes in the hood is easy....hell I just cut 4 of them for my PSC hood louver.

The part that concerns me is all the stuff you have to take apart and wondering what I am going to break in the process.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

wow is all i have to say, i really hope i dont break anything or damage anything while installing this. but i cant wait to start this project. is this sealant the same type stuff you would use on your axles? i figured it would be just want to make sure.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

So where is the best and cheapest place to order the high mount kit? I didnt preorder!!hindsight
Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow after reading the directions I'd rather cut my hood for the aev kit and keep my windshield lights
Old 07-01-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2010islander
Wow after reading the directions I'd rather cut my hood for the aev kit and keep my windshield lights
2nd this
Old 07-12-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

So I received mine today. Not 100% impressed with the quality in which it was packaged, all of the items were either wrapped in plastic sheaths with both the aluminum air tube and air filter housing being in bubble wrap. All of the items were just placed in a large box with no other packing material.

At first look all of the parts appear to fit together well and easily. All of the ancillary brackets and hardware were well packaged and included also.

All in all outside of the poor packaging, which I cannot place blame on RR or EAD as I cannot verify who it was shipped from in this condition. I would assume that when these go on sale that the packaging will be taken care of.

Let me know if there are any other pictures or questions I can ask. Hoping to install this over the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120712_142814.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	340348
Old 07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you installing it this weekend? I'm sure I won't be the only one asking for install pics

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Modular Snorkel install instructions