Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers

Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning in the light mount XHD front shorty bumper this week, hows the lower front? Any sort of protection for steering components?? License Plate brackets?? I live in a must have front plate state!! ugh!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hoop isn't heavy at all... now i dont have anything out of the boxes but it does seem the front is heavier than the back!

The bumper has the winch plate builtin. You do have to get a kit if you're using certain warn winchs.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bpic0518
Planning in the light mount XHD front shorty bumper this week, hows the lower front? Any sort of protection for steering components?? License Plate brackets?? I live in a must have front plate state!! ugh!
They do make a front skid plate... piece of cake to install
Old 01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

As far as license plate bracket, if you are going to mount a winch, you can make a removeable fairlead mount using Maglight mounting brackets for less than $10.00. I am on the road this week, but will post some quick pictures in this thread on Friday for you.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by billheese
The hoop isn't heavy at all... now i dont have anything out of the boxes but it does seem the front is heavier than the back!

The bumper has the winch plate builtin. You do have to get a kit if you're using certain warn winchs.
That might explain it, the light mount bumper obviously has no winch plate and must be significantly lighter than the winch bumper. As for plate mounting on the non winch bumper... I'm going to drill holes and bolt it on. Don't see another way.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers