Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers

Old 01-19-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers

Just got a set of Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers (front and back)... Was wondering how much sag I can expect on the stock suspension on my Unlimited?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billheese
Just got a set of Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers (front and back)... Was wondering how much sag I can expect on the stock suspension on my Unlimited?
I went with the stubby on the front w/o winch and I'm convinced it was lighter than stock. Rear w/o tire carrier maybe 1/2" max. Basically I sit about level now on stock suspension.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
I went with the stubby on the front w/o winch and I'm convinced it was lighter than stock. Rear w/o tire carrier maybe 1/2" max. Basically I sit about level now on stock suspension.
I'm going with the stubby up front with hoop. I'll eventually get a winch... but cash is in short supply. Didn't get the tire carrier either. I was wondering about the weight too. The jeep sure felt heavy on the ride home today.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

I am getting the stubby for the front. Not sure about the back yet for that reason. The rear bumper looks heavy, I have not looked to see what the weight is.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

the stock bumper is probably less then 30lbs.
I put weight on the bumper and got three measurements with 200lbs = 1"something (can't find the numbers) 170lbs = 1"sag and 130lbs = 5/8" sag

I put a RRxhd and Recon 10.5 winch... the winch weights ~65lbs; the sag was 5/8" thus the combo weights close to 130lbs... no hoop yet or side caps.

that's a 2dr rubi... so not sure how it compares.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the front, back and tire carrier (tire carrier not installed yet). The rear is heavy. I got about 1/2" sag when I added the front with hoop and ends (no winch). I got about 1/2" sag also when I added the rear. I may sell the bumpers in the future to go with something lighter. The extra weight takes its toll on mileage...
Old 01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Shipping weight on the rear was about 110 lbs. With the box taken out I'd put it around 100lbs. I thought it felt pretty heavy too, but just like weight in the back of a pick-up, I thought the ride improved slightly. Keep in mind that the stock rear bumper weighs next to nothing. I was shocked how light it was compared to the front.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Orangeav
Shipping weight on the rear was about 110 lbs. With the box taken out I'd put it around 100lbs. I thought it felt pretty heavy too, but just like weight in the back of a pick-up, I thought the ride improved slightly. Keep in mind that the stock rear bumper weighs next to nothing. I was shocked how light it was compared to the front.
The factory bumpers are sad. I stood on the back bumper once and crushed it, it did pop back out. I guess they expect most people to swap them out!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I pretty sure that my combined shipping weight front, back and hoop was listed as 250 lbs.

While acceleration is not one of Jeep's best features does it feel more sluggish with the new bumpers?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by billheese
I pretty sure that my combined shipping weight front, back and hoop was listed as 250 lbs.

While acceleration is not one of Jeep's best features does it feel more sluggish with the new bumpers?
Damn that seems heavy! Is their a winch plate added to the front bumper you got? I went with the non-winch model, and it just didn't seem that heavy! The hoop can't weight too much either did it?

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Bumpers