Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged ridge XHD Bumper Question

Old 01-01-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged ridge XHD Bumper Question

Hi, I just ordered the rugged ridge modular xhd bumper with a winch and a winch hoop. Should I add a spacer up front to keep the jeep level. If so what size spacer should I add? I was thinking a 1" teraflex spacer. Also, the way I have my rustys lift set up is I have 3.25" lift springs in the front and 2" lift springs in the rear so it rides perfectly level/even right now. would adding a spacer up front make it too much of a difference up front and lead to handling issues even if the ride height is the same with all the weight? Thanks for the help

Last edited by Ryan_d99; 01-01-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would put the bumper and winch on first and see how it looks. Most lifts allow for a bumper and winch. I have no rake with a 3.5" RK lift.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok, i'll give that a shot, it will be easier to order the spacers afterward than it will be to order and then return them if I don't need them. Thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

If its not too late I have that exact bumper combo that is literally brand new available for sale....I'd go 250 plus shipping. It's been on the Jeep a total of about 40 miles of driving.

I was overcome with the sexiness of a Poison Spyder bumper which is why I am selling this one.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi, do you have any idea how much shipping would be for that? I ordered already but it hasn't shipped yet so I could cancel it. *Edit* I just did an estimate from UPS, I don't know where you are in South Carolina so I used Columbia to Somers, CT for what I guessed was an 80lb package and it said about $60 for shipping. Do you have pictures of the bumper?

Last edited by Ryan_d99; 01-01-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Sent you a pm with pic link.

I live near Columbia so I am sure that would be in the ballpark.

Also to answer your question...I dropped about .25 of an inche when I added the XD9000i winch to the bumper.

I have an 07 Rubicon.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried to open the link and the link didn't work, maybe if you posted it right on this thread you'd have better luck
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan_d99
Hi, do you have any idea how much shipping would be for that? I ordered already but it hasn't shipped yet so I could cancel it. *Edit* I just did an estimate from UPS, I don't know where you are in South Carolina so I used Columbia to Somers, CT for what I guessed was an 80lb package and it said about $60 for shipping. Do you have pictures of the bumper?
I tried to ship a factory bumper to NH last week and it was going to be $130 and it was a 12 lb rear bumper. Maybe the size killed it, but shipping is insane now.

Quick Reply: Rugged ridge XHD Bumper Question