Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge tailgate jack mount?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COZDONO
Will it work as well on a 2011 JK?
Yes.... We have it mounted to our 2011 JK.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will this jack mount work with the Rugged Ridge XHD swing arm tire carrier? I plan on getting that as well.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
Will this jack mount work with the Rugged Ridge XHD swing arm tire carrier? I plan on getting that as well.
i think you can mount it to almost any swing carrier i mounted mine to a Smittybilt Carrier no problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	New BDS Shocks & High Lift Mounted to Carrier.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	107500
Old 12-05-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes

Yes - that's my configuration. The bracket was manufactured such that it can sit low like the OP's pics, or move up to clear the XHD swing out carrier. Neat design. Just keep in mind that this will put the top of a 48" high lift jack several inches taller than your jeep, so depending on your lift, etc., you may not fit in your garage with the jack mounted in the high position. I can't, but it's not a big deal, my garage is so full of junk, I can't park in there anyway

A couple pics to give you a perspective of this jack mount in the high position to clear the tire carrier:

Last edited by davegus; 12-05-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davegus
Yes - that's my configuration. The bracket was manufactured such that it can sit low like the OP's pics, or move up to clear the XHD swing out carrier. Neat design. Just keep in mind that this will put the top of a 48" high lift jack several inches taller than your jeep, so depending on your lift, etc., you may not fit in your garage with the jack mounted in the high position. I can't, but it's not a big deal, my garage is so full of junk, I can't park in there anyway

A couple pics to give you a perspective of this jack mount in the high position to clear the tire carrier:

Thanks for the reply! I don't have to worry about fitting in the garage cause I don't have one anyways. I think the jack looks awesome on your Jeep.... Well if the front get's a winch, the jack in the back kinda balances things out.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gadget799
i think you can mount it to almost any swing carrier i mounted mine to a Smittybilt Carrier no problem

Attachment 107500
Thanks! Nice rig BTW.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gadget799

Attachment 107500
Interesting - so you bolted it to the swingout carrier as opposed to the tailgate hinge. I'm going to take a closer look at that on mine.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply! I don't have to worry about fitting in the garage cause I don't have one anyways. I think the jack looks awesome on your Jeep.... Well if the front get's a winch, the jack in the back kinda balances things out.
Thanks, I do like the look as well. With the Warn 9.5 in the front, and always making sure I'm not last in the line, I haven't had to use the jack yet other than for a tire change on the trail
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davegus
Interesting - so you bolted it to the swingout carrier as opposed to the tailgate hinge. I'm going to take a closer look at that on mine.

it was bolted to the tailgate until my AWSOME Wife said i needed new bumpers cause the stock ones look like crap, so she bought me the smittybilt SRC front and rear bumpers and i really liked the RR Jack Mount so i drilled 2 holes and mounted it to the swing, then fabbed up a brace for extra security and to control any shaking and rattling ..
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Re installing hinge covers with rugged ridge tailgate jack mount

Has anyone had any luck re installing the factory bracket covers? I tried for more than an hour to "sandwich" them in between the bracket and the plates but couldn't get them to snap back on. Ended up breaking one of the clips on the cover. Tried emailing rugged ridge but never got a response.
Thanks,
ScottS

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge tailgate jack mount?