Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Prefilter?

Old 06-08-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the rugged ridge snorkel, the Hi/low mount kit. The idea was to use the Low mount for every day and the Hi mount for the case of "extreme offroad", river crossings and stuff. The reality was that I´ve never use the Hi mount because the Low mount works great. I checked the filter a few weeks ago and it was perfectly clean, the last time I checked it was a year and 20.000 km ago!
It´s perfectly clean, and doing it´s job.
A couple of years ago, I really put the snorkel to the test (still Low mount). I got water to the top of the fender on a flooded street (In Argentina sometimes you really put your jeep to the test by going to the mall). I checked the purging hose to see if any water came in, and it was fine.
I´m really happy with the low mount, It keeps my filter clean and the water out. I use the jeep in the sand and dirt roads all the time.

Maybe you can just use the Low mount instead of a Pre filter.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Snorkel Prefilter?