Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor Guards

Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7Creeks
Got mine installed Saturday. Took a little less than an hour with hand tools. The only things is I got the same little squeeking from the drivers side to, but doesn't squeek all the time.
I had the same, loosened everything up and used a screwdriver to force the big washer over. it has stopped for now. if it comes back, I will grind the washer down a little
Old 04-01-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myklt8
I had the same, loosened everything up and used a screwdriver to force the big washer over. it has stopped for now. if it comes back, I will grind the washer down a little
What did you force the big washer over? Is the washer rubbing on the side armor mount?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know if these will mount WITH the stock rubi rock rails. I realize there is no practical need to keep the rock rails in place; I like the fact that the stock rock rails give the body a nice clean line, But I need something that can act as a step AND take a beating and I really like the look of these.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 7Creeks
What did you force the big washer over? Is the washer rubbing on the side armor mount?
just a thin screwdriver, been a week now and it has not come back so far.
and yes the washer rubs on the inside of the mount, but only on my passenger side front, plenty of clearance on all of the others.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gabryael
Anyone know if these will mount WITH the stock rubi rock rails. I realize there is no practical need to keep the rock rails in place; I like the fact that the stock rock rails give the body a nice clean line, But I need something that can act as a step AND take a beating and I really like the look of these.

Re read the thread...a guy a few posts up said he did mount them with the stock Rubi rails.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put my RR rock rails on over the weekend, easy install. As written earlier, an additional tube of thread lock is a necessity, given the short stubs that the nuts attach to. The body mount washers went straight in, no problems.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Very Nice!!!
I did have to go back and grind the 1 washer down for clearance, but no other issues.
they really seem like they will take a pretty good hit
Old 07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

so any updates on these?? How is the finish holding up? Anybody drag them on some rocks yet?? The sliders I have on order aren't ever going to ship so I'm looking for alternatives
Old 07-06-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I banged them around a little in Colorado, not rock crawling, just some rough trails, scrapped a few rocks on the underside and rubbed a few on the side
finish is holding up well, no chips at all
Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

thats what I wanted to hear. Im probably going to scrap my current order and order these.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor Guards