Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged ridge a-pillar pod hitting door

Old 12-30-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged ridge a-pillar pod hitting door

Just got the pillar pod in today got it all hooked up and it hits when I close the door. I know a few others have had this problem. I was just wondering what y'all did to fix it? I read one post that said they used a heat gun to fix it. I wouldn't mind buying a heat gun if I knew what exactly to do. Is there a better way to fix it? I read somewhere that they had some bad batches and was replacing them. I hate modding the mods lol.

I found a thread that the title was nearly the same as mine using google but I never could get it to open. It keep saying it was a bad link. So if there is already a thread that answers my question, sorry.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, what year is your Jeep? Mine is a 2011 and I found out the hard way that the pod doesn't fit properly and in fact the door hitting it when closed actually keeps the pod in place.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I have an '07 and it does contact the door when closing it, however there are a series of tabs on the inside of the pod that you can trim for a little more relief.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep is an 09
Old 12-31-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A bad batch of these made it out of the factory. You should ask for replacement.

Quick Reply: Rugged ridge a-pillar pod hitting door