Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD pics please

Old 02-18-2009, 01:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its more room then the stock bumper
Old 02-18-2009, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nachoninja
Just a question about this bumper, I have it installed right now, in the summer with 33" tires but I have smaller winter tires on right now. It sure looks like the end caps will rub larger tires when flexing, has anyone had a problem with this? I know you can remove them but sometimes thats not an option if doing some last minute wheeling.
I think it rubs on the end cap but I am not sure thats what I read, mine doesnt have end caps.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Old 02-19-2009, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front

Rear

FYI - The tire carrier is shipping now and should be here Monday Will post pic when I get it installed.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YingYang
Front

Rear

FYI - The tire carrier is shipping now and should be here Monday Will post pic when I get it installed.
cant wait to see the pic
Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got mine finished

Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love these bumpers, ordering mine this weekend. Does anyone have any idea how much of a drop I can expect due to the weight gain from them. waiting on the M.O.R.E. 1" BL to come in presently, just hoping this will do.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Justinn407
Love these bumpers, ordering mine this weekend. Does anyone have any idea how much of a drop I can expect due to the weight gain from them. waiting on the M.O.R.E. 1" BL to come in presently, just hoping this will do.
I just got mine today...its going on Fri...the whole setup with the ends/hoop is about 105 I think. Im expecting .5 to 3/4 in drop. I ordered 1" rear/1.75" front spacers to compensate and add about an inch...
Old 02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chip80
Cappi:

I'm putting exactly the same bumper/winch combo on. I had to cut metal off the winch opening on the driver side to get that winch to fit. I assume you had to do that, right? How close is the frame rail bumber attaching plate to the winch? It looks like it may be a tight fit.

You rig looks great. I can't wait to get mine on soon.
Hey Chip,

You don't have to cut anything...you do have to drill new mount holes though. the winch comes with a paper "footprint" so, just set the winch in the hole and mark the corners with a pen. Then lay the paper in and line it up the best you can, then just center punch through the paper and drill the holes (1/2'' i think)...easy .

Another tip I can give you is: Be sure to superglue the nuts into the holes in the winch before you try to install....there isn't any room to get them in once the winch is in place...Once she's in, wiring is a breeze

You're gona love this set up.....I do
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmat1980
I just got mine today...its going on Fri...the whole setup with the ends/hoop is about 105 I think. Im expecting .5 to 3/4 in drop. I ordered 1" rear/1.75" front spacers to compensate and add about an inch...
You will be fine! cant wait to see the pics. btw do you know if there are any trails of of old mine road thats the last exit on 80 before pa

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Modular XHD pics please