Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relo Brackets

Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rugged Ridge Mirror Relo Brackets

Greetings all.
I have a 2012 jk r, auto.
Anyone use the RR mirror Relo brackets ? I was told that you cAnnot open your hard doors all the way with this setup. Is this true?

Thanks

Dj
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set on my 12 jku. I have no problems with opening my doors. Only gripe I have is you really. Any see the passenger mirror without leaning almost all the way to the passenger seat. You can see maybe the far right 1/8 of the mirror from regular driving position.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:01 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe when I take the doors off, it'll be easier to see, but I don't know as its been too cold.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have them.... Doors work great! And like others said..... Passenger side is worthless unless the doors are off. Just installed a snorkel.... so i had to take the passenger side off anyway.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojohnso
Greetings all.
I have a 2012 jk r, auto.
Anyone use the RR mirror Relo brackets ? I was told that you cAnnot open your hard doors all the way with this setup. Is this true?

Thanks

Dj
I have these on my 2010 JKU and it's the WORST $60 I've spent! The plastic sleeve they give you to "lock in" mirror is USELESS! I had to use electrical tape. The round plates to cover holes in the door are a bit to small and it's almost impossible to see out of passenger mirror without crawling halfway over passenger seat to get a decent look with doors on. The ONLY reason they are still on is because I paid $60 for them... Save some money and go with something different... Harley mirrors work much better and you can get them for $13....
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run these and like all others have stated with the doors on the passenger mirror is almost useless, i have it adjusted to i can see the outer 2inches of it and use that..if its a problem add the small little round stick on mirrors to it if its really that much of an issue. my doors have never come close to contacting them either. The lil plastic sleeves are sketchy but you can trim them to fit properly just be careful when your tightening them down you don't strip the soft threads, i found out the hard way trying to get mine to seat prior to trimming the shims..
Old 12-09-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

I have been running mine for a few years on my 07. I totally agree with the plastic sleeves being worthless. I think one was too big and one was too small. Since my doors only come off in the summer, I run the factory mount most of the time on the passenger door. There is very little difference when viewed from the front. The swap to the RR mount in the summer is very quick. My little black disk covering the factory hole started rusting after about a year, so you may wish to add some extra paint.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Helps a lot!!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 doors no problem. using them is a separate issue.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Mirror Relo Brackets