Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge, Husky, Quadratec, or Weather Tech Cargo Liners?

Old 03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have comment on which set will work best if you run with no doors all summer?

I don't want to get a set and then watch them fly off down the highway.

I linexed my interior already and pulled the carpet, but having the mats over that would be even easier to keep clean, though probably not as convenient for when you start taking on water....
Old 03-25-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

I just got the Rugged Ridge cargo liner and I'm very pleased with it. I have Husky liners in the front, and would be tempted to change them all out to match.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Mopar also has a full rubber liner for the JK which replaces the factory rug. Those are the ones I plan to buy in the near future.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the Rugged Ridge and Quadratec are the same thing. Seen both in person and just had the different emblem.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aphazia
Anyone have comment on which set will work best if you run with no doors all summer?

I don't want to get a set and then watch them fly off down the highway.

I linexed my interior already and pulled the carpet, but having the mats over that would be even easier to keep clean, though probably not as convenient for when you start taking on water....
How much and where do you get the line x? How much does that cost? Any pics of it?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jayrav
Mopar also has a full rubber liner for the JK which replaces the factory rug. Those are the ones I plan to buy in the near future.
That's what I threw in a couple weeks after getting mine. It replaces the carpet everywhere except under the front seats and in the little storage compartment in back. Easy to install, pretty durable so far and I don't have to worry about condensation in the carpet. I just use the factory mats over it and dont' worry about anything heavier.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
The Weathertec is heavy duty and fits like a glove. I love mine. Here is a pic of the Weathertec (not mine).

Looks JUST like mine!

Here's another floormat thread.

I vote for the Weathertech liners. Had them since a week after getting the JK and love them. Only piece of advice I can give is to make sure you put some velcro on the bottom of the cargo liner and the rear floor mat as they can shift a bit. Bought a set of cheap velcro for $5 at Joannes Fabrics. I'm going to take the mats out when the weather stays nice for a day and hot glue the velcro on as the adhesive on the velcro doesn't seem to hold as well as I'd like.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Not the best shot, but this shows the rugged ridge liner.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020968.jpg
Views:	1955
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	21265  
Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

It looks like the Weathertech fits nicer/ has a more finished look to it.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

I've been to MacNeil Automotive (the makers of the Weathertech mats) a few times and watched the measurement of vehicles for mats and also the solid model rendering of the dyes. It's pretty damn impressive and they have a very large contingency of european car manufactures they do OEM work for. Just incredible stuff that fits better than the rest and has taken the floor mat business to a totally different level.

There might be cheaper stuff out there but there isn't anything better.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge, Husky, Quadratec, or Weather Tech Cargo Liners?