Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Hi-lift mount install?

Old 03-13-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Hi-lift mount install?

Does anyone have a pic of their Rugged Ridge tailgate hi-lift mount with the factory hinge covers installed and how did you do it? The directions only cover taking them off, don't give a whole size to drill and don't show them on the final install.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did this and kept the covers to make it look clean. You just need to mark the wholes with the provided template and drill them so those spacers can fit through the plastic cover. Its a little tricky to get the spacer and the bolt in while you holding the cover, but with a little patience it will work. If you have a short fuse you might want to forget about the covers
Old 03-13-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Look on the last page of the instructions and there should be a paper template that you can cut out. If I have time later i will take a pic and post it.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I used the template but wasn't sure if I needed a big enough hole to put the spacer through or the spacer behind. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

My instruction sheet is all messed up. Do you use the spacers behind the brackets if you are using the factory bumper? Also can somebody post a close up photo of it all mounted with covers on and off if possible.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 AM
JK Super Freak

You have to cut a hole in the plastic hinge cover big enough for the spacer to fit through. Yes, the spacer goes between the rugged ridge bracket and the hinge.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Hi-lift mount install?