Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge half doors and Bestop half doors question

Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge half doors and Bestop half doors question

I have a set of Bestop element doors enclosures and uppers. My question is, does anyone know if the Rugged Ridge half doors are the same dimensions as the element doors (exterior dimensions), and if the uppers are the same? From pictures I've seen, they look similar, and I noticed that they use the same locking mechanism. I'm curious if it would be worth it if I can get a hold of a Rugged ridge half door, and figure away to fasten the interior panel to my element door to make for a more comfortable experience with the enclosures on, or if it would be smarter to make a mold and have it vacuum formed instead. Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I know this is an old post but for those that stumble across it I thought worth answering..
I've had uppers from both Best top and RR. They are constructed the same and could be interchanged but the RRs are designed with elastic tabs that hold the window open and secure from flapping, a feature not on the Bestops.

The inner door skin on the RRs can't be removed without some serious surgery.

I would consider this mod a stretch at best...
Old 03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

If you are serious about forming your own... Call Brian G. at Jet Tech in Elkhart, IN
He is the absolute best! Ive known him for years....

Tell him Rusty sent you!

www.jettechinc.com

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge half doors and Bestop half doors question