Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged ridge front skid

Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged ridge front skid

Any one install the rugged ridge front skid on a 13 jkur with xhd front bumper? And did it just bolt on or did you have to drill, cut or grind on your jeep?
Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

subscribing to this. I think some people have gotten them on but needed to do some cutting of the skid.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone?........
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by supperfast
Any one install the rugged ridge front skid on a 13 jkur with xhd front bumper? And did it just bolt on or did you have to drill, cut or grind on your jeep?
Thanks
Hopefully this will be hepfull to others:

I installed one on a 2012 JKUR with the same bumper. I had to cut and grind part of the frame that juts out a little--this does not compromise the frame at all. Also, in order to seat flush I had to make to cuts and bend the 1/4 skid back in order to clear the e-disconnect motor in one spot. I used a hammer to bend it back. The bumper fit perfectly with no mods, other than relocating the pump, and the front skid is very solid after the work I did.

I just bought their engine/skid and that does not fit on stock rubis. The rubi needs a lift or the bracket rubs on the front u-joint and one hole needs reeming out to bolt to the frame......... It seems like a lot of thier stuff needs moding, but it is solid.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by auburnJeep

Hopefully this will be hepfull to others:

I installed one on a 2012 JKUR with the same bumper. I had to cut and grind part of the frame that juts out a little--this does not compromise the frame at all. Also, in order to seat flush I had to make to cuts and bend the 1/4 skid back in order to clear the e-disconnect motor in one spot. I used a hammer to bend it back. The bumper fit perfectly with no mods, other than relocating the pump, and the front skid is very solid after the work I did.

I just bought their engine/skid and that does not fit on stock rubis. The rubi needs a lift or the bracket rubs on the front u-joint and one hole needs reeming out to bolt to the frame......... It seems like a lot of thier stuff needs moding, but it is solid.
Thanks for the info..
I tried there oil and trans skid too and I sent it back it was not even close to fitting .. I like there products but they need better quality control..
And I will be very hesitant to buy there stuff in the future

Quick Reply: Rugged ridge front skid