Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/ Pre Runner Guard vs. Rampage - Help Me Decide!!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
I prefer the Rugged Ridge but I have heard that the modular bumpers make a ton of noise... I've been told that the more pieces you add, the more they like to clank around, but that's just what I have heard lol
Mine makes absolutely no noise in it's current configuration at all. I can imagine the D-Rings might make noise, but they are not on the bumper right now as I have the pre-runner guard on.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation

I prefer the tow hooks to these D rings. Too bad almost no bumpers come with the hooks!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
I prefer the Rugged Ridge but I have heard that the modular bumpers make a ton of noise... I've been told that the more pieces you add, the more they like to clank around, but that's just what I have heard lol
Not sure with the pre-runner...but my RR center section and D-rings don't clank at all on the road, or on the trail.
However, I wish they had a way to retain the current big D-rings and still use the pre-runner.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation

Another question I have is just how much will my MPG go down, or be effected by putting on a 120# or so bumper on the front? And will putting a non Mopar aftermarket bumper void my vehicles warranty? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mlupacchino
And will putting a non Mopar aftermarket bumper void my vehicles warranty? Thanks!
The bumper part, and possibly the airbags, but not anything else.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

21" from the grill to the front of the bar. Absolutely no noise from the bumper (outside of D-rings, what is there to make noise?)
and with the lights, it is very easy to tell where the front of your vehicle is
Old 03-19-2009, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Another question I have is just how much will my MPG go down, or be effected by putting on a 120# or so bumper on the front?
Not really, I didn't even notice a difference.

And will putting a non Mopar aftermarket bumper void my vehicles warranty? Thanks!
Absolutely not. If you upgraded to the bumper to bumper warranty, the bumper won't be covered, but it also probably wouldn't "fail" without being in a crash, so I really doubt it would have ever been covered anyways lol. Honestly, you can't just outright void your warranty unless you get water in your engine. And, if you did get water in your engine, you would only be responsible for covering the replacement engine, etc.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation

Which bumper do you think would be stronger and more able to handle a hard impact to better protect my jeep? The RR looks like it would keep threats farther away, but the Rampage looks sturdier.

Also, will putting a 130 lbs. front bumper on effect my ground clearance at all, or cause my jeep to sag any? What is I also put a aftermarket steel bumper on in the rear?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

I have the rugged ridge bumper witht the prerunner,

yes it did sag a bit in the front and I have an 09 Rubi
no I do not have problems with city driving or parking
no It does not make a lot of noise
yes It looks great and I have received many compliments on it from jeepers and non jeepers alike
no the Km/L did not change
no it will not void the warranty I called the dealership to confirm this prior to the install
Old 03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

How much did you notice it sagging, and did the sag effect your ground clearance any (and if so by how much) or was it mostly a visual thing? What did you do to fix the sagging, or did you just leave it and why? Do you have the full end caps with the pre runner, and if so would you mind posting any pics? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/ Pre Runner Guard vs. Rampage - Help Me Decide!!!!