Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge front bumper

Old 07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Renzo Fighter
nevermind. Now i see how it works. My mistake. they are farther out like you said! Thanks!

AND I LOVE THE STINGER!

1 more quick question, do you use your factory fogs?

yup factory fogs ...

Old 07-27-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

I run this bumper with the stinger and d-rings, its a great bumper...go for it
Old 09-26-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default RR XHD Front w/ PreRunner

Here's my Rubi with the RR XHD Front Stubby with PreRunner, DRings, Winch, Factory Fogs + IPF 968s.

Front height dropped 3/4", need to get leveling spacers.

And I've been winched by the DRings no problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IPF968.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	30649
Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D-rings are not further out, they mount in the same place (between the 4-bolts holding the bumper on), they do, however, sit a little lower in that position.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01453.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	30657
Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default bumper

if your looking for an economy type bumper its ok... i have had one for about a year and the only bad thing is the rust..... around the bolt holes and the tubes. i took off one and alot of rust came out of that. it was getting pretty bad. i just purchased a lod signature series bumper. i hope its worth the money. dont know if it was bad luck or what....
Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blakebethany
if your looking for an economy type bumper its ok... i have had one for about a year and the only bad thing is the rust..... around the bolt holes and the tubes. i took off one and alot of rust came out of that. it was getting pretty bad. i just purchased a lod signature series bumper. i hope its worth the money. dont know if it was bad luck or what....
Mine has 2 tiny rust spots where my socket hit the tube while mounting the front bolts. Self-inflicted, but rusted in a matter of days after putting it on. I'm hoping a little sanding and a dab of flat black rustoleum will do the trick.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quaratec has a pretty cool tool for this bumper on their site. You can mix and match the parts to see what it would look like with all the options and even change the color of the Jeep to match yours. And yes if you use the prerunner guard or stinger hoop, you use traditional D-rings instead of the wide ones that are used with out.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you can save your $ and get a one piece. A lot stronger and i think you will be happier in the long run. Shrockwrks, hanson, lod

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge front bumper