Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rugged ridge bumper w/ stinger hoop

Old 08-05-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation rugged ridge bumper w/ stinger hoop

im thinking about getting the rugged ridge XHD front bumper with the stinger hoop and a warn M8000 winch but i dont know how much it will weigh down and how high of a leveling kit should i get to offset this...i have a skyjacker 3.5" lift on it right now and im looking at like some daystar coil spacers in the front but i dont what size to get...any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just put a ARB bumper on and am waiting on a winch for it. Once I have that in place I am going to measure and see what spacers I need for leveling.

I know that I lost .5 inch with the bumper, and I expect to lose another .25 inch with the winch. That says 3/4 inch, but I want to do this once so I will wait
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what i should do i just wanted to order it all at the same time so i can just do one big install and be done for the time being cause its my DD and i dont wanna be driving around with the front sagging
Old 08-05-2009, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default Love it

Originally Posted by rome07JK
im thinking about getting the rugged ridge XHD front bumper with the stinger hoop and a warn M8000 winch but i dont know how much it will weigh down and how high of a leveling kit should i get to offset this...i have a skyjacker 3.5" lift on it right now and im looking at like some daystar coil spacers in the front but i dont what size to get...any help would be appreciated.
I tell ya...I have an 07 Rubi with that bumper...and I LOVE IT...I get more comments and the stinger is a great place to hang my Winch hook...(I have a Dual PowerPlant Warn and I tell ya...the install for THAT on this bumper is a BITCH!)

you NEEEEEDDDD 2 people...the bumper is not flat, and the winch mounts are on the bottom (of course) so balancing it while bolting it to the bumper....not fun...

Anyway...now said and done...I love it...

Pics:
http://www.simul8d.com/photos/jeep/Spring09_8.jpg
Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rick@simul8d
I tell ya...I have an 07 Rubi with that bumper...and I LOVE IT...I get more comments and the stinger is a great place to hang my Winch hook...(I have a Dual PowerPlant Warn and I tell ya...the install for THAT on this bumper is a BITCH!)

you NEEEEEDDDD 2 people...the bumper is not flat, and the winch mounts are on the bottom (of course) so balancing it while bolting it to the bumper....not fun...

Anyway...now said and done...I love it...

Pics:
http://www.simul8d.com/photos/jeep/Spring09_8.jpg

I'm thinking about this setup. I've read somewhere that when you install the powerplant on the XHD bumper, the winch is offset from the fairlead which results in the winch not being able to spool correctly. Do you have this issue?

Quick Reply: rugged ridge bumper w/ stinger hoop