Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Bumper and Driving Lights?

Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Bumper and Driving Lights?

Well I have a new 09 Rubicon, a Rugged Ridge Bumper, and Warn XD9000i winch to install. I want to put a set of IPF 968CSG lights up front on the bumper. These are 6" round driving lights. i don't see anyplace to mount them. As anyone else put driving lights on their Rugged Ridge bumper with a winch mounted. Pics but be wonderful.
Thanks
Doug Hines
Benton, AR
Old 12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

there's another thread, started recently, about lights on the rugged ridge - it might be in the show & tell section. can't remember, but i think guys were getting clamps to go on the hoop - is that where you are wanting to mount yours? i haven't seen pics - if i find them i'll reference.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drhines
Well I have a new 09 Rubicon, a Rugged Ridge Bumper, and Warn XD9000i winch to install. I want to put a set of IPF 968CSG lights up front on the bumper. These are 6" round driving lights. i don't see anyplace to mount them. As anyone else put driving lights on their Rugged Ridge bumper with a winch mounted. Pics but be wonderful.
Thanks
Doug Hines
Benton, AR
Here is how I intialy had mine, same set up, 09 rubicon, XHD bumper, 6" slimlights.......I eventually moved mine to the window frame, but here is a shot of what it looks like.

My only suggestion is if you are going to do it make sure you drill as far towards the outside as possible becuase if you dont the light bolts will hit the frame horns and prevent you from putting the bumper on. Also you will block your turn signals. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice. You've done your homework.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

09Rubicon

With the lights mounted that close to the end, can you still put the bumper extensions on to make a full with bumper.

Doug Hines
Benton, AR
Old 12-12-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drhines
09Rubicon

With the lights mounted that close to the end, can you still put the bumper extensions on to make a full with bumper.

Doug Hines
Benton, AR
You should be able to, the end caps mounting bolts are to the very front and the very back of the bumper, it gives you like 8-10 inches of room to put your mounting bolt for the lights. The cover plates that you use when not using the end caps uses these same bolt locations, so if you couldn't use the end caps, then you wouldnt be able to use the end covers, but it looks like the poster above with his picture has his end covers on.

Last edited by ranwitscissorz; 12-12-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never tried, as I said I ended up moving mine to the windshield frame. I dont see why it wouldnt work though. I advise to just be cautious though, you end up haveing all kinds of bolts in one spot down there, you have the frame mount, endcap mount, light mount, etc...it gets tight.

EDIT: Just for those wondering, the Superwinch EPI 9.0 does not fit the pre drilled winch holes in the bumper, I had to drill my own and move the winch about 3/4 inch to the passenger side. Had no problems with it though, setup works great.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default without the hoop?

the hoop didn't fit over the powerplant so I used one of the hoop holes
Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by CJtoJK
the hoop didn't fit over the powerplant so I used one of the hoop holes
Ok, off-topic, but how do you like your tires? Mud with 'em? And why is there a fence on your bumper? sweet jeep btw
Old 12-12-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Ok, off-topic, but how do you like your tires? Mud with 'em? And why is there a fence on your bumper? sweet jeep btw
That "fence" is for fishing poles. Don't feel bad though, I live in Virginia, but am from California. I had never seen that before until I moved to the east coast. Took me about 2 months to figure out what they where.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Bumper and Driving Lights?