Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Aluminum XHD?

Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axman
Ead has these bumpers for less than anywhere else. I just ordered the rear bumper pods. I'll post more after I get them on
Jeep hut is a good bit cheaper than ead
Old 02-11-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by axman
Ead has these bumpers for less than anywhere else. I just ordered the rear bumper pods. I'll post more after I get them on
Please do! Do you know if the tire carrier for it is available to be ordered?
Old 08-03-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

AutoAnything matched JeepHut's price for me today. Front bumper on the way with the bully bar.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

So I’m starting to bumper shop for my new rig and this is one of the ones on my list due to the reduced weight. They have been out on the market over a year now. Can anyone comment on durability? Any problems with towing, winching? Overall feedback and impressions encouraged.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep_420
Anyone know what tires are on this thing??
I think they are Kumho Venture MT's KL71's. If I'm not mistaken... I love that tire

or they might be ProComp Xterrain

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 07-29-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I think they are Kumho Venture MT's KL71's. If I'm not mistaken... I love that tire

or they might be ProComp Xterrain
They're the TTC Claws

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KevinMac
So I’m starting to bumper shop for my new rig and this is one of the ones on my list due to the reduced weight. They have been out on the market over a year now. Can anyone comment on durability? Any problems with towing, winching? Overall feedback and impressions encouraged.

Thanks!
I just put one on my JK. Looks great. Hard to speak to durability as I try not to hit anything. I plan on adding a winch in the New Year, but haven't had a chance yet. To durability, the bumper is bolted onto the frame thru the two steel (big) shackles. I don't foresee winching to be a problem. Also, the bar (I'll add this when I add the winch) is steel and will help w any big hits from tall objects (deer). The aluminum is thick and hardened so unless you take a big hit, I don't see it getting mangled. This bumper is light! As light as the stock plastic POS. I'll try to add a pic, but I'm a newbie.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	519436  

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Aluminum XHD?